ALUMINIUM- STANDING SEAM
- ALUMINIUM IS A COST-EFFICIENT AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY MATERIAL; STANDING SEAM IS A TIMELESS CLADDING PROFILE THAT COMPLEMENTS CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE.
Send me specs for this product
Aluminium is an environmentally friendly metal, it is the third most commonly occurring element in the earth’s crust and can be recycled for generations without limitation. It is a cost-efficient material yet does not compromise on quality. Aluminium is lightweight, durable and versatile with little to no maintenance required and, being pre-painted, offers consistency in colour and appearance. It can withstand aggressive elements and reflects heat making it age-resistant. Aluminium is fast becoming a preferred roof and wall cladding material.
Standing Seam is a timeless cladding profile; it is a 200-year-old system now being used to complement contemporary architecture. Standing Seam is installed onto plywood for support with a continuous 20mm ventilation airspace behind the plywood and can be installed vertically and horizontally. It is also possible for it to be curved and tapered in both orientations. It is a cost-effective profile with a material selection for every budget.
Suitable for both roof and wall cladding, it creates structured lines and utilises a concealed fixing system. Standing Seam also produces neat corner details with no need for flashings.
Some of its advantages include:
- High-end architectural appearance with no visible fixings
- Minimal maintenance
- Low risk water seepage
- High wind loading capacity
- Allows for expansion and contraction of materials
- A cost-efficient and environmentally friendly material.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.