- COLORBOND® IS ONE OF AUSTRALIA’S OLDEST AND MOST TRUSTED CLADDING METALS; FLATLOCK IS A FRAGILE PROFILE THAT CREATES BEAUTIFUL PILLOWING EFFECTS AND FANTASTIC VISUAL TEXTURES.
Send me specs for this product
Colorbond® Steel is a lightweight material yet also very strong, ideal for today’s modern homes. Colorbond® has been producing coated products for more than 50 years making it one of the most trusted and popular cladding materials. It is manufactured to Australian standards (AS1397 and AS/NZS 2728) and is resistant to chipping and cracking. Colorbond®’s colour collection includes classic, contemporary, metallic and matte palettes and is one of the most durable roof and wall cladding materials available on the market. This material provides an exceptional finish for your Cladding and Roofing products.
In its simplest form, the flatlock profile is a flat sheet with four folded edges. It requires a plywood substrate for support as it has little structural integrity, but its fragile state creates a great pillowing effect and fantastic visual texture. If applied in a sympathetic manner, it is well suited to contemporary architecture and will complement any building. Flatlock can be installed horizontally, vertically and in almost any pattern of configuration. Concealed screws and clips are used to install the profile, creating a slim, decorative design unlike any other profile.
Some of its advantages include:
- Suitable for commercial and residential projects
- Can replace high maintenance timber to create a weatherboard look
- Minimal maintenance compared to other materials
- No visible fixings
- Hairline panel joins
- Ability to splay and/or taper panels
- Simple and fast installation
- Increased design freedom due to the flexibility of panel shapes and sizes
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.