CORTEN® - FLATLOCK
- CORTEN® IS A UNIQUE CLADDING MATERIAL THAT CREATES AN INDUSTRIAL AESTHETIC; FLATLOCK IS A FRAGILE PROFILE THAT CREATES BEAUTIFUL PILLOWING EFFECTS AND FANTASTIC VISUAL TEXTURES.
Send me specs for this product
Corten® is a steel made up of a group of steel alloy materials which, when left uncoated and exposed to the natural elements, develops a rusted appearance. It is twice the strength of mild steel and can give buildings an industrial feel that is now very common in modern architecture. Corten®’s strength is visible in the fact that it can be cut and shaped in many ways whilst still maintaining its strength and rigidity.
In its simplest form, the flatlock profile is a flat sheet with four folded edges. It requires a plywood substrate for support as it has little structural integrity, but its fragile state creates a great pillowing effect and fantastic visual texture. If applied in a sympathetic manner, it is well suited to contemporary architecture and will complement any building. Flatlock can be installed horizontally, vertically and in almost any pattern of configuration. Concealed screws and clips are used to install the profile, creating a slim, decorative design unlike any other profile.
Some of its advantages include:
- Suitable for commercial and residential projects
- Can replace high maintenance timber to create a weatherboard look
- Minimal maintenance compared to other materials
- No visible fixings
- Hairline panel joins
- Ability to splay and/or taper panels
- Simple and fast installation
- Increased design freedom due to the flexibility of panel shapes and sizes
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.