FLATLOCK - COPPER
- FLATLOCK IS A FRAGILE PROFILE THAT CREATES BEAUTIFUL PILLOWING EFFECTS AND FANTASTIC VISUAL TEXTURES; COPPER IS A FULLY SUSTAINABLE MATERIAL WITH AN ATTRACTIVE APPEARANCE.
Send me specs for this product
In its simplest form, the flatlock profile is a flat sheet with four folded edges. It requires a plywood substrate for support as it has little structural integrity, but its fragile state creates a great pillowing effect and fantastic visual texture. If applied in a sympathetic manner, it is well suited to contemporary architecture and will complement any building. Flatlock can be installed horizontally, vertically and in almost any pattern of configuration. Concealed screws and clips are used to install the profile, creating a slim, decorative design unlike any other profile.
Some of its advantages include:
- Suitable for commercial and residential projects
- Can replace high maintenance timber to create a weatherboard look
- Minimal maintenance compared to other materials
- No visible fixings
- Hairline panel joins
- Ability to splay and/or taper panels
- Simple and fast installation
- Increased design freedom due to the flexibility of panel shapes and sizes
Copper is one of the fully sustainable metals with a high corrosion resistance and appealing appearance. It also acts as an algaecide and fungicide, keeping organic growths to a minimum. Copper is a non-toxic, natural material present in all plants, animals and humans. Its unique, changing visual characteristics make it a favourable material as well as its durability and resistance to corrosion. It requires no cleaning, practically no maintenance and is fully recyclable.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.