FLATLOCK - ZINC
- FLATLOCK IS A FRAGILE PROFILE THAT CREATES BEAUTIFUL PILLOWING EFFECTS AND FANTASTIC VISUAL TEXTURES; ZINC CREATES FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IN THE DESIGN PROCESS.
Send me specs for this product
In its simplest form, the flatlock profile is a flat sheet with four folded edges. It requires a plywood substrate for support as it has little structural integrity, but its fragile state creates a great pillowing effect and fantastic visual texture. If applied in a sympathetic manner, it is well suited to contemporary architecture and will complement any building. Flatlock can be installed horizontally, vertically and in almost any pattern of configuration. Concealed screws and clips are used to install the profile, creating a slim, decorative design unlike any other profile.
Some of its advantages include:
- Suitable for commercial and residential projects
- Can replace high maintenance timber to create a weatherboard look
- Minimal maintenance compared to other materials
- No visible fixings
- Hairline panel joins
- Ability to splay and/or taper panels
- Simple and fast installation
- Increased design freedom due to the flexibility of panel shapes and sizes
Zinc is a great material for both the environment and the longevity of a building. It is very malleable, meeting basically every architectural demand and has been used by architects for over 160 years. Zinc provides solutions that less flexible materials cannot, creating freedom of expression in designing the roof and cladding of a building. Due to its flexibility, Zinc allows for interesting corners and angles in a variety of shapes. In terms of its environmental impact, Zinc is non-toxic, durable, 100% recyclable and requires less energy to make than any other material.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.