STANDING SEAM - CORTEN®
- STANDING SEAM IS A TIMELESS CLADDING PROFILE THAT COMPLEMENTS CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE; CORTEN® IS A UNIQUE CLADDING MATERIAL THAT CREATES AN INDUSTRIAL AESTHETIC.
Send me specs for this product
Standing Seam is a timeless cladding profile; it is a 200-year-old system now being used to complement contemporary architecture. Standing Seam is installed onto plywood for support with a continuous 20mm ventilation airspace behind the plywood and can be installed vertically and horizontally. It is also possible for it to be curved and tapered in both orientations. It is a cost-effective profile with a material selection for every budget.
Suitable for both roof and wall cladding, it creates structured lines and utilises a concealed fixing system. Standing Seam also produces neat corner details with no need for flashings.
Some of its advantages include:
- High-end architectural appearance with no visible fixings
- Minimal maintenance
- Low risk water seepage
- High wind loading capacity
- Allows for expansion and contraction of materials
- A unique cladding material that creates an industrial aesthetic.
Corten® is a steel made up of a group of steel alloy materials which, when left uncoated and exposed to the natural elements, develops a rusted appearance. It is twice the strength of mild steel and can give buildings an industrial feel that is now very common in modern architecture. Corten®’s strength is visible in the fact that it can be cut and shaped in many ways whilst still maintaining its strength and rigidity.
Please contact Design Cladding Systems for detailed installation advice specific to your project.